- It was an ecstatic, colorful celebration of spiritual joy and
enlightenment. The experience of being showered with colored divine
water at the hands of HDH Pramukh Swami Maharaj was the climax and
ultimate moment for 43,000 devotees who came from far and wide.
- The program commenced in the serene hours of the morning when
Swamishri performed his daily worship. The bhajans of Holi and Vasant
by the sadhus enriched the atmosphere. The beautiful backdrop described
the occasion when Lord Swaminarayan celebrated the Fuldol festial
with His paramhansas in the darbar of Rathod Dhadhal.
- A steady stream of devotees flowed into the assembly hall, starting
from as early as 6.00 am. Many had left as early as 1.00 am or 2.00
am, travelling 250 kms, to reach Sarangpur. They travelled by coaches,
cars and vans.
- After Swamishris puja the main assembly commenced at 8.15
am. The speeches by senior sadhus set the tempo for the occasion.
The history and significance of Fuldol and the purpose of sprinkling
colored water was elaborately explained by the senior sadhus. The
intermittent singing of bhajans gave a devotional and emotional
flair to the occasion.
- Swamishri performed the opening ceremony of several new audio,
video and print publications.
- In blessing the 43,000 devotees in the assembly Swamishri said,
"The Fuldol festival has been celebrated from the time of Lord
Swaminarayan. Then, it was a small village but the devotion of the
handful of devotees was great. How can one compare an ant and an
elephant? We are like ants before the Lord. It is not possible for
an ant to meet an elephant. God, out of compassion, came down in
a human form to redeem countless souls... God comes in a human form
to give happiness to His devotees and aspirants. If we imbibe His
teachings and offer devotion to Him then we can attain moksha..."
- After Swamishris blessings the moment everyone had been
waiting for arrived. A wave of excitement and eagerness to be colored
swelled in every heart. 43,000 devotees were charged for the final
- Firstly, Swamishri sprayed some fragrant colored water on the
murti of Lord Harikrishna Maharaj.
- Swamishri then sprayed the fragrant holy water on the devotees.
The rhythm and devotion of the bhajan: Vartal gaam fulvadiyae
Hindolo Ambani dal and subsequent devotional songs by the
sadhus energized the atmosphere. For over one hour Swamishri sprayed
the devotees with colored water. Each and every devotee returned
blessed and overwhelmed with a spirit of sheer joy and memories
of an unparalleled occasion. The Fuldol program ended at 12.00 noon.