Due to the exceptionally cold weather, everyone around the country is advised to take extra care when leaving home to travel to various places, including their local mandirs or centres for Satsang sabhas.
Please bear in mind the following:
- Pavements may be icy. There is a risk of falling over and causing injury.
- Roads may be icy. Drive carefully at all times – especially on side roads.
- Protect yourself from the cold.
- Car parking areas may also be a hazard. Councils are short on salt and grit.
Naturally, sabhas will continue this weekend at BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, London, and other mandirs around the country. However, because of the treacherous conditions, it would be advisable for all individuals to first check the local situation regarding weather and the state of the roads before embarking on their journey to their local mandir/centre. If it is difficult or inconvenient, it is better not to take the risk.
As an alternative, devotees can spend sabha time conducting a sabha at home with their family using the material available on our website here.
There are forecasts of heavier snow and even colder weather in certain parts of the country. Please take care – especially of those who are very young, old or ill – and also keep in touch with others who may be vulnerable to the cold. And stay warm!
BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha, UK
- Get the latest on school closures and travel problems via your BBC Local website.
- Check if snow is forecast in your area at BBC Weather.
- Details of motorway and local road closures and public transport disruption are available at BBC Travel News.
- For advice on handling difficult driving conditions, see the Highways Agency website.
- For information about severe weather warnings, see the Met Office website.
- For information about staying healthy in the current cold snap, see the NHS Winter Health website.
Disclaimer: BAPS is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.