Preparation Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 20 min.
Serves: 4 persons
- 1 cup buttermilk/yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of bengal gram flour (besan)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds (jeera)
- 5 curry leaves
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tablespoon oil or ghee
- 2 teaspoons of sugar or a small piece of
- salt to taste
- first, mix the buttermilk/yogurt and gram flour
together till smooth in a pan
- heat oil in a saucepan, add cumin seeds,
when they crackle add curry leaves
- then add the mixture
- add turmeric powder, salt, 1 cup of water and sugar and boil till 'thick'
- finally, garnish with green coriander