Preparation Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 20 min.
Quantity - 15 puris
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- salt to taste
- oil for frying
- mix wheat flour, salt (small amount), oil and water
and make a firm dough
- knead properly
- divide into 15 equal sized portions
- take a deep pot (kadai), add oil for frying
and heat it up
- roll out dough portions on a lightly greased surface
into thin circles of 75 mm (3") diameter
- deep fry in hot oil till golden brown
- drain on an absorbant paper
- serve hot
- for making spicey puris, add turmeric, chilli powder and coriander-cumin
powder to the flour before kneading.