Yogiji Maharaj Centenary Festival Reaches Out To Millions
This 35 day
Festival, from 29th October to 2nd December, 1992, celebrated
the Centenary of Yogiji Maharaj by creating an oasis of
Cultural and Spiritual values. It had a worldwide appeal
and a permanent impact, as it also marked the glorious inauguration
of Akshardham - an amazing cultural centre, which is now
an international attraction.
Other Mega Festivals:
- Held on 125 acres of land.
- 6 million visitors.
- An amazing exhibition on 'Youth Energy'
and 'Anti-addiction' attracted 1.1 million viewers. A special children's
exhibition guided 814,314 children.
- 54,300 adults and 50,000 children quit
- 50,000 took vows of giving up other
bad habits and bettering their lives.
- 450 million mantras were written, day
and night, at the '24Hour House of Worship'.
- Medical Services: 70,000 patients were
given free services at the special skin, dental, E.N.T. and other
- A highly successful blood donation camp
that collected 831,600 cc of blood in only 35 days.
- 150 couples were married, without dowry.
- 5.2 million were served free meals!
- A Yagna for World Peace was held.
- 'Children's Wonderland' - It left everyone
wonderstruck to see 500 child-volunteers, running 23 departments,
performing activities ranging from cultural dances to freeing people
- Conferences & Conventions: Human Integration
Conference, Harijan Conference, Character Building Convention, Religion
and Education Convention, Saints' Convention, Science & Spirituality
Convention, De-addiction Convention, Women's Uplift Conference.
- Felicitation Awards: to outstanding
male and female achievers in social, scientific, industrial and cultural
- 17,000 volunteers managed the festival.
- 145 youths were initiated as sadhus