of Mandir at Junagadh
Jhinabhai Darbar of Panchala dedicated his darbar and farm in Junagadh to Maharaj, with a request to build a mandir there. After Jhinabhai’s death Maharaj held an assembly at Gadhada and proposed to everyone about building a mandir in Junagadh. Nobody was prepared to go there because of the problems posed by the Nagar Brahmins. Then, with the instruction of Maharaj, Swami was ready to go. Brahmanand Swami accompanied him with a view to help him in the liaison work with the government. The foundation stone of the Junagadh mandir was laid at the hands of Gunatitanand Swami on 10 May 1826 (Vaishakh sud 3, Samvat 1882), in the presence of Gopalanand Swami and other sadgurus. In this way, a beginning was made for a magnificent mandir – a centre for brahmavidya.
After some time, along with Anand Swami, Swami arrived at Gadhada to have darshan of Maharaj. After a few days Maharaj ordered him to go back to Junagadh, because nobody was prepared to go and face the hardships in Junagadh. Maharaj instructed Tattvanand Swami to go with Swami. Before going to Junagadh Swami approached Maharaj for permission to leave. Maharaj was having a shave. When Swami prostrated before Maharaj, he stood up and asked the barber to stop shaving. He then embraced Swami and said, “You are going to Junagadh so take this...” Then he recited the verse:
Nirgun Brahma sulabh ati, sagun na jãne koi,
Sagun charitra nãnãvidhi, suni muni man bhram hoi.
“Today, Brahma who is above the gunas is present here. But worldly souls cannot recognize his manifestation, because even the great munis doubt on seeing his human actions.”
Then, Maharaj placed his own pagh on Gunatitanand Swami’s head and showered his immense affection.